Work with St Luke’s as a Community Hospice Sister:
We require the services of a Community Hospice Sisters who will be responsible for providing palliative care and support to community referred patients with life-threatening illness.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in General Nursing or Degree in Nursing Science (General, Psychiatry, Community and Midwifery)
- A minimum of 3 years related experience
- Diploma or Certification in Palliative Care (added advantage)
- MS Office Suite literacy – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Unendorsed driver’s licence
- Fluency in at least two official languages and an understanding of palliative care and its role in society (added advantage)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Attend to and provide care of the patients of SLCH within the guidelines of the nursing act and the philosophy of the organisation
- Assess, monitor and advise patients on pain and symptom control in accordance with the patient’s medical advisory team
- Develop and implement the nursing plan in accordance with the patient’s medical advisory team
- Provide relevant support to the family of the patients
- Refer patients to other specialised services within the organisation if and when so required
- Maintain all patient data in accordance with the requirements of the law, instructions from the medical team and within the guidelines of SLCH
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Team leadership
- Judgement and decision making
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication
All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding three pages)
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date: COB 16th January 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicant’s who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Michelle Lehmann-Shantall, citing the reference number top left.
Note – St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position and is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!