All of St Luke’s Combined Hospices services are funded by the goodwill of generous individuals, companies and trust’s proceeds from various in-house projects and fundraising special events.
There are a number of ways that you can help support our patients and their families.
- Make a payment through SnapScan using the code below
- One-off Donation: Click on the DONATE button on any pages on this site to be directed to the Payfast website to make a one-off donation. Make sure you provide your contact details too.
- Donate via EFT: Make a direct deposit into our bank account (details below), then email us confirmation of the deposit along with your contact details.
- Monthly Contribution: Setting up a monthly debit order or recurring credit card payment will help us tremendously in planning and budgeting for sustained care of our patients.
- Gift a donation: For that ‘person who has everything’, a donation on their behalf will make a wonderful gift. Make sure you provide us with both sets of contact details too.
- Pick ‘n Pay Smart Shopper Points: Simply swipe your card at any Pick n Pay Smart Shopper kiosk or download the app, choose ‘donate points’ and select St Luke’s Combined Hospices as your beneficiary.
- Donate used goods or books: Our nine charity shops and bookshops are an important source of funding. We sell anything from furniture and household goods to quality used clothing, bric-a-brac, toys, and books. We can arrange collection and also provide you with collection bins for business premises, clubs and schools.
- Collect the small change: A collection tin at your place of work or club premises can add up to make a big difference.
- Make a bequest: Bequeathing a donation to St Luke’s Combined Hospices in your will means your kindness lives on by giving quality of life to future patients and care to their families. Contact us for details of how to put your compassionate intention into a legal format.
Our Banking Details
- Account name: St Luke’s Combined Hospices
- Bank: Nedbank
- Branch Name: Southern Peninsula
- Branch Number: 123209
- Account Number: 1051886309
- Swift Code: NEDSZAJJ
Any questions? Contact us now:
Donations to the St Luke’s Combined Hospices are deductible tax expenses in terms of Section 18A of the Income Tax Act.
It is also important to draw your attention to the following:
- INCOME TAX: St Luke’s Combined Hospices is exempt from income tax in terms of Section 10(1) (f) of the Income Tax Act.
- DONATIONS TAX: St Luke’s Combined Hospices is exempt from tax in terms of Section 56(1) (i &j) of Act 58 of 1962.
- ESTATE DUTY: Bequests in favour of St Luke’s Combined Hospices are exempt from the payment of estate duty in terms of Section 4 (h) (ii) of the Estate Duty Act, 45 of 1955.
- STAMP DUTIES: In terms of Section 4(1) (f) of the Stamp Duties Act 77 of 1968, any instrument which is executed by or on behalf of St Luke’s Combined Hospices is exempt from stamp duty if the duty thereon would be legally payable and borne by the institution.