STAFF NOTICE – 2019/04/001
We require the services of a Driver who will be based at Kenilworth and will form part of the Support Services Department. The successful candidate will be required to transport patients in a comfortable, safe and timely manner, and assist with collections of donated items from various donors. The driver’s responsibilities will include arranging regular cleaning for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 certificate or more years related experience
- Valid Professional Driving Permit (PrDP)
- A valid Code 8 Drivers license.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Basic computer and admin skills (advantageous)
- Know the Cape Town area well
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Transport patients to and from Daycare facilities.
- Transport patients from in-patient unit – Kenilworth and take them to various hospitals and return patients to in-patient units.
- Assist patients in wheel chairs,
- Collection and deliveries of medication,
- Assist with collections of donated items from various donors,
- Ensure the neatness and tidiness of the vehicle allocated to you to conduct your duties.
- Perform other tasks on an ad-hoc basis as requested by the Operations Coordinator or HOD: Support Services
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTE
- Quality of work
- Willing to assist
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Verbal and written Communication
- All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed Internal application form (available from the HR office if an internal application)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
Closing date: Monday, 22th April 2019. All applications received by COB on the date indicated will be considered. Applicants, who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Carrie Ann Daniels at email@example.com citing the reference number top left.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity