STAFF NOTICE – 2019/04/002
GENERAL MAINTENANCE WORKER/CLEANER
We require the services of a General Maintenance Worker/Cleaner who will be responsible for ensuring that buildings, facilities and grounds are well maintained and kept in a safe, clean and tidy condition
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 certificate
- Be a good all-rounder – Handy man
- Know how to use electrical machinery.
- Fluency in at least 2 official languages
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Perform minor electrical repairs such as wiring a bedside lamp, wire a 15Amp plug as well as replace a wall socket/ light switch etc.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs such as replacing washers, replacing cartridges, unblock drains, repairing or replacing the inner workings of the cistern etc.
- General building work which includes:
- tilling, plastering, skimming, painting, brick laying, etc
- Inventory and stock take of all materials.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTE
- Team player
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to paint
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to speak clearly and coherently with others.]Ability to execute basic electrical and plumbing task
- All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed Internal application form (available from the HR office if an internal application)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date: COB Monday, 22 April 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Keenan Mooi at firstname.lastname@example.org
citing the reference number top left.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!