Work with St Luke’s as IPU Manager:
We require the services of an IPU Manager to work in our IPU in Kenilworth, Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and clinical leadership and direction to the In-patient Palliative Care Units of St Luke’s Combined Hospice.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- First Bachelors’ Degree in Nursing Science (General, Psychiatry, Community and Midwifery)
- 8 or more years related training and/or experience in a similar position/ in house experience
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council
- Must have Professional Indemnity.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure that management, professional and clinical standards are maintained in the In Patient Unit
- Ensure that accurate records are held and stored and nursing equipment’s are ordered and maintained
- Develop, implement and manage education programs related to palliative care policies and procedures of SLCH
- Ensure stringent adherence of the Infection Control & Health & Safety Policies
- Ensure appropriate risk assessment tools utilised
- Create, maintain and enhance relationships with stakeholders
- Manage team member/s and facilitate people development
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Organisational awareness
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Relationship building/partnering
- Excellence orientation
- Action orientation
- Planning and organising
- Judgement and decision making
- Team work
- Engaging diversity
- Developing people.
All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding three pages)
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date: COB 16th January 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicant’s who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Michelle Lehmann-Shantall, citing the reference number top left.
Note – St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position and is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!