STAFF NOTICE – 2019/10/005
ENROLLED NURSE (LIZO NOBANDA)
We require the services of an Enrolled Nurse who will work 12 hours per shift on a roster basis. The Enrolled Nurse will be required to perform tasks under the supervision of the facility manager and the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. The Enrolled Nurse will be responsible for the high quality, comprehensive nursing care of patients admitted to Lizo Nobanda, which functions as a short term in-patient facility for Drug Resistant Tuberculosis patients to ensure a well-functioning patient flow within the community based program in Khayelitsha.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant qualification as an Enrolled Nurse
- Current registration with SANC
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Enrolled Nurse in a public health facility
- Knowledge or experience in working with DR TB Patients
- Good knowledge of infection control and administration on legal medical hazards.
- Fluency in two of the official languages of the Western Cape will be advantageous
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Providing ongoing high quality nursing care to patients.
- Observe and report any changes in the patient’s condition and / or mood.
- Provide curative and palliative nursing care, using a holistic approach and making sure that patient’s well-being and comfort are your priorities
- Administer and distribute treatment as delegated by the professional nurse
- Report and document relative information in the patient file.
- Advise, educate and support relatives / carers of such patients
- Work collaboratively with the IDT team to achieve common goals
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals.
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Team leadership
- Problem solving
- Judgement and decision making
- Team work
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication
- All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed Application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
- MS Package proficiency assessments
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date: COB Thursday 10 October 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Chandre Williams at email@example.com , citing the reference number top left.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!