STAFF NOTICE – 2019/10/004
We require the services of an Executive Assistant who will be providing executive level support to the CEO by coordinating and managing all activities of the office of the CEO to the standard of excellence expected.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A 3-year Secretarial diploma or other relevant/similar tertiary qualification (Recognition of prior learning will be applied)
- 5 to 8 years’ secretarial experience working with senior management. Added experience as Personal Assistant will be highly advantageous
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Coordinate and manage all activities of the Office of the CEO inclusive of all meetings within the agreed timelines
- Provide executive level support to the CEO as per the level of standard required
- Assist CEO with preparation for board, management and internal meetings within the agreed timelines and meeting the required level of delivery
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders from board members to donors, internal funders and patients/families of patients
- Draft/Generate documents and communication as and when needed meeting the expected standards (this could include but is not exclusive to general correspondence, presentations, reports (inclusive of Excel spreadsheets), team briefing documents)
- Coordinate reports required from various team members
- Coordinate all travel preparation requirements for the CEO
- Providing ad-hoc support for personal administration where required
- Facilitate the approval of invoices
- Coordinate the general expenses of the office of the CEO
- Action general office administration that could include but is not exclusive to ensuring that:
- stationary is available
- office equipment is in working order
- refreshments are available and ready for arrival for guests
- Providing ad-hoc support for personal administration where required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- The successful incumbent must be a professional, multi-tasker together with being highly organised, self-reliant, results-oriented with above average administration skills supported by good judgment ability
- Efficient Computer Literacy skills in all MS Office packages
- Problem solving
- Analytical skills
- A Passion for Continuous Learning
- Attention to detail
- Team work and the ability to build strong relationships
- Engaging diversity
- High stress tolerance and conflict handing
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality and integrity at all times.
- All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date: COB on 11 October 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants, who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Chandre Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org , citing the reference number top left.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!