STAFF NOTICE – 2019/10/001
We require the services of a Fundraising Coordinator to, in conjunction with the CEO, influence, plan, execute and manage: a) strategies to maximise fundraising objectives through the establishment of sustainable partnerships with corporate funders, donors and b) CSI initiatives/projects to benefit and uplift communities that are not primarily driven as marketing initiatives. Responsible for: Bequests, CSI and Trusts.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 3yr Degree in Marketing/Social/Human Sciences and a minimum of combined 10 years’ experience in a non-profit fundraising environment; creating new- and sustaining current relationships at executive level; innovative/entrepreneurial revenue generation; proven project management; interactive, effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability in writing funding proposals that revenue generation
- Proven team leadership capabilities and proven advanced administrative ability
- Advanced computer literacy with experience in database management / MS Office Suite (inclusive of MS Project).
- Unendorsed driver’s licence
- Post grad qualification, fluency in at least 2 official languages and an understanding of palliative care and its role in society (added advantage)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Define and develop fundraising strategies and broaden fundraising initiatives in conjunction with the CEO
- Develop projections and track actuals for fundraising campaigns in conjunction with the CEO
- Create new-, identify potential- and enhance current relationships at executive level
- Implement fundraising initiatives in conjunction with the communications team
- Conduct in-depth, local and international research using networking tools, publications, database management, e-searches etc
- Compile and submit/present funding proposal – local and international
- Develop, implement and monitor proposal tracking system and policies and procedures for areas of accountability
- Manage internal and external communications
- Manage trusts, legacies and bequests or similar and other benevolent organisations
- Project and manage revenue and expense budgets
- Manage team member/s and facilitate people development
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Relationship building/partnering
- Excellence orientation
- Action orientation
- Planning and organising
- Judgement and decision making
- Team work
- Engaging diversity
- Developing people
- All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed Internal application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
- MS Package proficiency assessments
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date: COB 18 October 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Chandre Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org citing the reference number top left.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!