STAFF NOTICE – 2019/07/005
GENERAL PRACTITIONER (HALF DAY)
We require the services of a General Medical Practitioner to attend to patient care within our community nursing division as well as assist in our In-Patient Unit at Kenilworth when so required and meeting all set standards.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Recognised Degree in Medicine (MBChB) and a minimum of combined 10 years’ experience in a patient care environment;
- A Postgraduate Qualification in Palliative Medicine (added advantage) and/or experience within a palliative care setting
- Registration with the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Experience in clinical risk management and safety protocols
- Unendorsed driver’s licence
- Fluency in at least 2 official languages and an understanding of palliative care and its role in society (added advantage).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide quality care to patients by examining and treating patients accordingly
- Work effectively with interdisciplinary teams meeting the needs of our patients
- Participate in and contribute to clinical meeting forums scheduled with relevant teams
- Facilitate people development/developing skills of clinical support staff
- Travel to the communities the organisation serves on a weekly basis to meet the needs of patients and support the Community Nurses in their work
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Organisational awareness
- Excellent practical skills
- Above average communication skills, compassion and interpersonal sensitivity
- Resilience and stress management
- Relationship building/partnering
- Excellence and action orientation
- Planning and organising
- Judgement and decision making
- Team work and developing people
- Engaging diversity.
All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date:Closing date: COB Friday, 26 July 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Michelle Lehmann-Shantall at email@example.com, citing the reference number top left.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!