STAFF NOTICE – 2019/03/003
VACANCY – HOD: Health Services
We require the services of an HOD: Health Services who will be responsible for providing and managing an effective Palliative care health service of the highest standard possible, to patients, families and significant others in the care of St Luke’s Combined Hospices.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in General Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing Administration
- Diploma in Nursing Science (General, Psychiatry, Community and Midwifery)
- First Bachelors’ Degree in Nursing Science (General, Psychiatry, Community and Midwifery)
- 10 or more years’ experience in a similar position
- Proven team leadership capabilities
- Advanced computer literacy with experience in database management / MS Office Suite (inclusive of MS Project)
- Unendorsed driver’s licence
- Fluency in at least 2 official languages (added advantage)
- Exposure in field of palliative care (added advantage)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure that management, professional and clinical standards are maintained
- Ensure that accurate records are held and stored and nursing equipment’s are ordered and maintained.
Develop, implement and manage education programs related to palliative care policies and procedures of SLCH
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for areas of accountability
- Create, maintain and enhance relationships with stakeholders
- Manage team member/s and facilitate people development
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Organisational awareness
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Relationship building/partnering
- Excellence orientation
- Action orientation
- Planning and organising
- Judgement and decision making Monitoring
- Team work
- Engaging diversity
- Developing people
All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
- MS Package proficiency assessments
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date: COB 19 March 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Michelle Lehmann-Shantall at Michelle Lehmann-Shantall , citing the reference number top left.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!