STAFF NOTICE – 2019/08/002
Locum Nurses (Registered Nurse)
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is looking for and creating a database of experienced and qualified Registered Nurses for locum placements to either work within our In Patient Unit or out in the community in the home of our patients. Our nurses are responsible for providing quality Palliative care and support to the patients with life-threatening illness.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in General Nursing or Degree in Nursing Science (General, Psychiatry, Community and Midwifery)
- A minimum of 5 years related experience
- Diploma or Certification in Palliative Care ( added advantage)
- MS Office Suite literacy – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Unendorsed driver’s licence
- Fluency in at least 2 official languages and an understanding of palliative care and its role in society (added advantage)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Attend to- and provide care of the patients of SLCH within the guidelines of nursing act and the philosophy of the organisation.
- Assess, monitor and advise patients on pain and symptom control in accordance with the patient’s medical advisory team.
- Develop and implement the nursing plan in accordance with the patient’s medical advisory team
- Provide relevant support to the family of the patients.
- Refer patients to other specialised services within the organisation if and when so required.
- Maintain all patient data in accordance with the requirements of the law, instructions from the medical team and within the guidelines of SLCH.
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Team leadership
- Problem solving
- Judgement and decision making
- Team work
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication
All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
- Other proficiency assessments to assess competence in areas required, inclusive of a panel interview.
Closing date: Advert is on-going. Please forward your application for the attention of Chandre Williams at email@example.com citing the reference number top left.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!