STAFF NOTICE – 2020/02/001
We require the services of Shop Assistant who will be based at our Charity Shop in the Maitland area. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the efficient and effective running of the St Luke’s Combined Hospices of the Charity Shop.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a matric certificate.
- Must be able to sort and categorise items.
- 1 year relevant experien
- Previous retail experience (added advantage).
- Knowledge of charity sector (added advantage).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Assist with sorting of merchandise and donated goods.
- Ensure that all merchandise for sale are properly priced, labelled and displayed.
- General housekeeping, sweeping and cleaning.
- Keeping the designated work stations clean.
- Manage the shop in the absence of the Shop Manager from time to time.
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong organisational skill
- Ability to sort and categorise items.
- Strong interpersonal s
- Good people skill
- All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed Internal application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
Closing date: COB 14 February 2020. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants, who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that th e application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Chandre Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org , citing the reference number top left.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity