STAFF NOTICE – 2019/09/005
We require the services of Shop Manager who will be based at our Charity Shop in the Grassy Park area. The successful candidate will l be responsible for maximising the sales and minimising the expenses of the St Luke’s Combined Hospices Shop and ensuring staff and volunteers work as one team in the exercise of their designated duties.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a matric certificate
- At least three to five years’ relevant experience
- Must have previous retail experience
- Knowledge of charity sector (added advantage)
- Understanding of stock supply, rotation and pricing
- Managing staff and volunteers
- Working with budgets
- Marketing and publicising a charitable venture
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Maximising sales (per shop).
- Managing the shops expenses (per shop income statement)
- Cash handling (cashier floats, daily reconciliation) and banking.
- Ensure vigilance to reduce shrinkage (internal/external theft.).
- Manage Retail Processes.
- Manage and Develop People.
- Ensure that Retail and Human Resources policies and procedures are adhered too.
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of sales techniques and product knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial and negotiating skills.
- Customer service orientated.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 3 pages)
Closing date: COB 25 September 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants who do not receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Chandre Williams at email@example.com citing the reference number top left.
St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position
St Luke’s Combined Hospices is guided by the principles of Employment Equity
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!