Ward Receptionist and Admin Assistant:
Ward Receptionist and Admin Assistant who will be responsible in assisting with the smooth running of ward administration and reception duties under the supervision of the IPU Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing a friendly and welcoming face to the ward, assisting people, giving information, registering patients and supporting with administrative functions.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric plus a post matric qualification (preferably reception or office management)
- 2yrs experience in front line reception within a healthcare/hospital/medical practice environment Advanced MS Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Visitors and clients are welcomed assisted
- Accompany patients who are booked for admission to their beds
- Operate switchboard (Telephone messages are collected and distributed to staff timeously)
- Provide administrative support to management and IPU staff
- Monitor and administer all leave forms
- Prepare staff scheduling & rostering
- Prepare folder for patients being admitted to In Patient Unit (IPU)
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) High attention to detail
- Strong ability to problem solve Self-motivated
- Relationship building/partnering Planning and organising Engaging diversity
All applicants are expected to provide or avail themselves for:
- A letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed application form (available from the HR office)
- A Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding three pages)
Closing date: COB 22 February 2019. All applications received within the time frames will be considered. Applicants, who do not
receive a response on their application within 5 working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful. Please forward your application for the attention of Chandre Williams citing the reference number top left.
Note – St Luke’s Combined Hospices reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position and is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!